Dr. Ronnie Floyd, CEO and President of the SBC Executive Committee, has written a resource that will assist churches in advancing biblical stewardship. Ten Percent: A Call to Biblical Stewardship is a bible-based, theologically sound stewardship emphasis which is designed to include two resources every church can use regardless of size or location:
* A six-week sermon series
* A six-week curriculum for Sunday school or small groups
While the pastor preaches in the worship service that “God Is the Owner of Everything,” each of your small groups, Bible study classes and Sunday school classes teach the same. Your team of laypersons or staff can easily transfer these principles so they can be simultaneously taught to all of your students, children, and preschoolers. If you do not teach them, no one will. Everyone, at all stages of life, needs to be called to biblical stewardship.
Six Biblical Principles:
The six principles are proven. They are biblical, strategic and practical.
1. God Is the Owner of Everything
2. We Own Absolutely Nothing
3. Honor God with at Least the First Ten Percent
4. Bring the Full Ten Percent to the Church
5. Practice Over and Above Giving
6. Focus on the Great Commission Always
These six principles are steps to give your church members a biblical way to look at their entire lives, including the finances that God alone has entrusted to them. Each church can and should do the same.
A digital church kit is now available for FREE.
To enable congregations and pastors to better utilize this resource in the local church, we have created a digital church kit. This kit includes:
* A pdf copy of the book which you can distribute to all in your church
* Promotional graphics for use in your church
* Bulletin inserts for use in your church
* PowerPoint slides for your sermon series
* Social media graphics to use
There is no cost to you or your church for this resource. Everything is downloadable at: SBC.net/stewardship.