| Please include the news and opportunities presented here in your bulletins, church newsletters, or on your bulletin boards.|
- ADDINE MAYNARD ASSOCIATIONAL WMU MISSIONS EMPHASIS & OFFERING MAY 14-21, 2023
- WHEN IS YOUR VBS?
- 11TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL MINISTRIES BENEFIT GOLF TOURNAMENT JUNE 24, 2023
- SUPER SUMMER ALABAMA JULY 10-14, 2023
- CAMP WHISPERING PINES
- RELIEF FUND
- SUMMER CAMPS WITH OPEN SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE
- GRIEF SHARE AVAILABLE AT WEST MOBILE BAPTIST CHURCH BEGINNING MAY 28, 2023
- "MAKING A DIFFERENCE MOBILE" SIMULTANEOUS OUTREACH EVENTS IN MARCH 2024
- WORSHIP LEADER NEEDED
- MINISTER OF MUSIC NEEDED
When is Your VBS?
| Please let us know when your VBS is happening this summer. David Gill, our interim, part-time Church Development Director visits as many Vacation Bible Schools as possible. Also, we have people that call each year looking for a VBS for their kids or grandkids to attend. Send the dates and times of your church's VBS to email@example.com.|
11th Annual International Ministries Benefit Golf Tournament June 24, 2023
Super Summer Alabama
July 10-14, 2023
University of Mobile
| Super Summer is a leadership and discipleship camp for Alabama students who have completed the 8th – 12th grade where they are challenged to be the leader God has called them to be. Super Summer is where students begin to dig deeper in the word of God and own their faith. Send your students to Super Summer because you want them to be encouraged and challenged by other believers from your youth group.|
| “At Super Summer, students come expecting to see God move and work in their lives,” Tanner said. |
| The camp is operated by the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions. The July 2023 session is the first time the camp will be held on the University of Mobile campus, a Christ-centered university affiliated with the Alabama Baptist State Convention.|
The Camp Relief Fund is essential for the camp to survive. If your church has not yet participated in the Covid related Relief Fund, please do so now.
THANK YOU to all who have given thus far.
Hoopla Day Camp
June 19-23, 2023
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. daily
for children who have completed grade K-5th
Includes Lunch, a Snack and all activities
| Mark 10:27, Ephesians 3|
With God, all things are possible. What does that mean for you-in the world you live in? Stop putting limits on what you can do-don't put God in a box, because He'll break it! What does it truly mean to be limitless?
Veritas Youth Camp
June 26-30, 2023
for students who have completed grade 6-12
Grief Share Available at West Mobile Baptist Church Beginning May 28, 2023
| Call the church 251-639-9952 for more information. You don’t have to attend WEMO to participate.|
| Mobile Baptists have a unique opportunity to partner with the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions (ALSBOM) in March 2024. The MBA will host the inauguration of local simultaneous outreach events we are calling “Making a Difference Mobile.” That title mimics the 2024 State Convention theme and will continue as a yearly event in cities across Alabama.|
| The partnership will allow us to receive a limited number of grants for churches to provide outreach events any weekend during March 2024. The events will lead to your harvest events on Easter Sunday, March 31, 2024.|
| We are still inventing the logistics. Pastors soon will receive a letter explaining the process and including the link to an online application form. The completed form will be due by October 5, 2023. David Gill, Jerrod Brown, Gerald Burch and I, Thomas Wright happily will help you complete the application and chat about evangelistic ministry options. We encourage regional events with multiple churches collaborating. Be creative with an outreach event you have always wanted to lead your people to use. Reach out to your community, local schools, first responders and ethnic groups. Include sports or professional-themed clinics, banquets, block parties, prayer walking and evangelistic ministry.|
| The online form, when it is ready, will be completed by the pastor or their assigned leader. Information needed includes: describe the type of event and date, list the other churches collaborating, request the training needed to prepare, other resources needed, a proposed budget including grant amount and any volunteer teams needed from across the state. The intent is to provide matching grants but each application will be evaluated as to need. Churches in good standing will receive priority approval.|
| Our MBA Missions/Evangelism committee and moderators will join ALSBOM missionaries to review the applications and award the grants by the end of October 2023. That timeline allows each church four months to prepare specifically for their March event.|
| Churches of course can conduct any event at any time they choose. The application process is to coordinate limited resources available for Making a Difference Mobile.|
| College Park Baptist Church is in search of a worship leader to serve in the following capacity:|
| -demonstrates a strong faith and allegiance to God|
| -develops, directs, and oversees music ministries of the church|
| -plans and directs worship services, utilizing a blended approach of both traditional and contemporary styles of worship music|
| -has reasonable experience as a worship leader|
| -has working knowledge of current technology|
| -plans events that will create community and contribute to growth|
| -performs other duties in support of the Senior Pastor|
| Semmes FBC Minister of Music Job Description|
| The Minister of Music is responsible to the Pastor for assisting the Church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive music ministry. This position is 15 Hours per week.|
- Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive music ministry.
- Cast a vision for the music ministry for the calendar year.
- Assist the Pastor in planning congregational services of the church.
- Direct choir and congregational singing during the weekly services.
- Lead the church in a blended style that consists of traditional hymns and newer choruses.
- Coordinate the choir on Sunday services and weekly rehearsals. Also, plan extended musical programs for Special Holidays like Christmas and Easter.
- Give direction to a music ministry plan of outreach and enlistment.
- Coordinate the training and use of instrumentalists and soloists in groups or as individuals.
- Prepare PowerPoint slides for Sunday morning service. Assist multimedia team with all media and tech issues in sanctuary.
- Review music, along with slides and verses, with instrumentalists and multimedia. Lead the run through of service with team before service on Sunday morning.
- Assist Pastor and staff with weekly ministry and visitation.
- All other duties as assigned by the Pastor.