Semmes FBC Minister of Music Job Description
The Minister of Music is responsible to the Pastor for assisting the Church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive music ministry. This position is 15 Hours per week.
- Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive music ministry.
- Cast a vision for the music ministry for the calendar year.
- Assist the Pastor in planning congregational services of the church.
- Direct choir and congregational singing during the weekly services.
- Lead the church in a blended style that consists of traditional hymns and newer choruses.
- Coordinate the choir on Sunday services and weekly rehearsals. Also, plan extended musical programs for Special Holidays like Christmas and Easter.
- Give direction to a music ministry plan of outreach and enlistment.
- Coordinate the training and use of instrumentalists and soloists in groups or as individuals.
- Prepare PowerPoint slides for Sunday morning service. Assist multimedia team with all media and tech issues in sanctuary.
- Review music, along with slides and verses, with instrumentalists and multimedia. Lead the run through of service with team before service on Sunday morning.
- Assist Pastor and staff with weekly ministry and visitation.
- All other duties as assigned by the Pastor.