English as a Second Language classes are available for all levels of fluency: Beginner to Advanced. Students practice and enhance listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Other courses include Conversation Café, Journey to Citizenship, basic computer skills and Spanish. We offer excellent instruction in a safe, friendly environment. Trained volunteer teachers help students learn and improve their language skills. As a Christian ministry of the Mobile Baptist Association, Bible stories and prayer are important parts of English communication
The International Language School (ILS) opened in 1981 to offer English language instruction. The ILS is one part of the Mobile Baptist Association’s (MBA) International Ministries focus. International Ministries also includes working with seafarers at the docks, planting international churches, and helping refugees with living and language needs. We understand that one of the challenges of living in a new country is learning the language. The purpose of the MBA ILS is to offer English language education in order to help students adjust to life in America, to build relationships with international friends, and to show the love of our great Friend, Jesus Christ.
Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail completed form and donation check to:
Mobile Baptist Association
616 Azalea Road
Mobile, AL 36609
Classes meet at the ILS Center located at
Airport Boulevard Baptist Church,
6301 Airport Boulevard, Mobile, 36608
Beginning, intermediate, & advanced levels
Contact: Kim Wilson @ 251.533.2911 or via email
How You Can Help
This ministry to internationals in Mobile is financially supported by gifts from MBA churches. We are deeply grateful for all financial contributions to International Ministries and for volunteers who teach and show hospitality in the Language School. Businesses, churches, and individuals are encouraged to sponsor students by giving money for language Bibles, books, and supplies. You are welcome to donate any amount, as the Lord leads you. Please contact Gerald Burch or Kim Wilson if you would like to help.
You can help by:
1) donating hospitality items (bottled water, tea bags, fresh bread or pastries, and K-cups)
2) being a childcare worker/tutor – Students with small children are not able to focus and study during class with small children in tow.
3) donating your time – We need individuals to help serve refreshments during tea time, help with office work, and teach.
4) praying – We need prayer partners to pray for the students and teachers. Pray that God’s Glory will be made known in and through this ministry.
5) Those wishing to aid in the International Language School (ILS) ministry of the Mobile Baptist Association by donating financially have several options for giving including: (Please note: please notate ILS on your donation.)
- Notate Mobile Baptist Association ILS (Associational Missions ILS) on your offering check given to your church.
- Donate through your online banking; thus, have your bank send a check. (notate ILS)
- Mail checks (notate ILS) payable to:
International Language School
616 Azalea Road
Mobile, AL 36609
- Donate electronically via PayPal or credit card. (notate ILS)
Contact Mrs. Kim Wilson at 251.533.2911 or via email if you can help meet these needs.
Currently, Mobile hosts about 72 different language groups. The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field (Matthew 9:37-38). Teaching English to internationals does not require knowledge of other languages. Teaching English to internationals requires a willing, teachable attitude; an obedient, loving heart; and hospitable, generous hands. Pray and ask God how He would have you serve in the International Language School…and then, contact Mrs. Kim Wilson at 251.533.2911 or via email