Alabama Baptist Literacy Missions Conference
July 27 – 28, 2017
State Board of Missions, Montgomery
- train individuals in one of the following literacy missions tracks: English as a Second Language, Adult Reading and Writing, Tutoring Children and Youth, or Bible Storytelling
- prepare individuals to start ministries in their churches or communities in their specific area of ESL, ARW or TCY
- provide current resources to promote and support Literacy Missions Ministries
- allow volunteers to build relationships and strengthen their commitment to follow God’s call
- train experienced leaders on various topics related to their area of ministry
Each basic workshop is 11 hours. Breakout sessions for experienced leaders are 1 hour each.
Associational Training Events for the International Language School (ESL classes)
Friday, August 18, 2017
5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 26, 2017
8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
both at Airport Boulevard Baptist Church
FREE training events
Training is required for all volunteers in the International Language School (ILS). Participants need only attend one day; however, due to the variety of training offered, they are welcome to attend both days.
Light meals will be offered at the beginning of both days of training.
For more information contact Kim Wilson, (251) 533-2911.