Please include the news and opportunities presented here in your bulletins, church newsletters, or on your bulletin boards.
MBA NEWS ALERTS:
- REPORT YOUR VBS
- BUILDING AND STRENGTHENING COMMITTEES AND MINISTRY TEAMS IN YOUR CHURCH JULY 22, 2014
- INTRODUCTION TO DISASTER RELIEF JULY 24, 2014
- DAY OF PRAYER FOR THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY IN MOBILE COUNTY JULY 28, 2014
- OPEN WEEK AT CWP - JULY 28 - AUGUST 1, 2014
LEAD SCHOOL TO START IN AUGUST - REGISTRATION OPENS JULY 28, 2014
- TRANSFORMATIONAL DISCIPLESHIP JULY 29, 2014
- REACHING COLLEGIANS THROUGH THE LOCAL CHURCH JULY 31, 2014
- 2014 CHURCH CLERK/SECRETARIES TRAINING AUGUST 12
STUDENT MINISTRY AND MUSIC MINISTRY POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Report Your VBS
Reporting your VBS is vital and crucial in the life of the Association, State Board of Missions, and the SBC. The data reported and collected helps in planning, strategizing, and allows rejoicing over the lives changed for eternity. Please fill out the attached LifeWay form, preferably online, and send in a hardcopy to the MBA office.
Building and Strengthening Committees and Ministry Teams in Your Church July 22, 2014
Building and Strengthening Committees and
Ministry Teams in Your Church
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
This conference will help church leaders in forming and maintaining productive and effective committees as well as ministry teams within the church.
State missionary, Chip Smith will lead this conference.
Please pre-register at mobilebaptists.org, or by contacting the MBA office no later than Thursday, July 17.
Please note: this conference is subject to cancellation if not enough participants pre-register.
Introduction to Disaster Relief July 24, 2014
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Want to help in times of disaster?
Come learn how you can be trained as a
Southern Baptist Disaster Relief volunteer.
This event is an informational event designed to provide individuals with information on:
- What is Southern Baptist Disaster Relief (DR) ministry?
- Alabama Baptist DR ministry
- Mobile Baptist DR ministry
- How individuals and churches can be involved in DR ministry
District DR Coordinator, Mack Duck along with state missionary Mel Johnson will lead the event.
This is a general overview and NOT a training course.
Day of Prayer for the International Community in Mobile County July 28, 2014
Day of Prayer for the International Community
Monday, July 28, 2014
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
International Ministries Center
Come enjoy a $5 lunch (benefitting IMC) provided by the MBA WMU Leadership Team, time of prayer, and flag ceremony. Visit imc.mobilebaptists.org for more information and to adopt a people group.
Open Week at CWP - July 28 - August 1, 2014
Camp Whispering Pines has an open week this summer. July 28- August 1.
Perfect for a back to school retreat. CWP offers swimming, ropes course, paintball and plenty of room for other activities.
Choose an overnight retreat or just come spend the day.
Call the office, 251-866-7868, for pricing. Let the CWP staff know if they can help in any way.
LEAD School to Start in August - Registration Opens July 28, 2014
Leadership Equipping And Development
2 Classes offered this Fall 2015 Semester:
CLL1113 Baptist Heritage and Practice – Our history and doctrine as Southern Baptists (3 credit hours)
Course Description: This course emphasizes the history and state of Southern Baptist (SBC) life relative to our cultural context. It also deals with how Baptist doctrine and polity expresses itself in our churches and related agencies.
Instructor: Dr. James Mercer, Doctor of Ministry from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary; Pastor of Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church
Location: Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church, 2450 Island Road, Mobile, AL, 251-443-5450 --- Class begins on Tuesday, August 18, 2015, at 6 p.m.
CLI1351 Missions, Evangelism, & Church Planting (3 credit hours)
Course Description: This course covers an understanding of the church as sent by Christ into a lost world and as the church sending itself and its members out into the world locally and globally. It entails a brief history of missions, NAMB and IMB, and current missiology. Central to the course is how to lead others to Christ and to teach others to do likewise. Various types of evangelism and their effectiveness in different contexts will be discussed, and personal and group plans for evangelism will be developed. It covers the basics of various methods on when and how to start new churches.
Instructor: Dr. Elbert Charpie, Doctor of Ministry from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary; Pastor of First Baptist Church of Citronelle
Location: Mobile Baptist Association Office, 616 Azalea Road, Mobile, AL, 251-661-7111 --- Class begins on Thursday, August 20, 2015, at 6 p.m.
Thank you for your interest in Mobile Baptist Association’s Leadership Equipping And Development - (LEAD-MBA) post High School Diplomas, Certificate Programs, and Course Offerings. Our courses are being coordinated as a part of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary’s Contextualized Leadership Development Program (GGBTS, CLD). This program is designed to provide seminary training for deacons, elders, SS teachers, church staff, and qualified church members who are interested in honing their skills in biblical studies and church ministries.
LEAD-MBA Student Requirements for the Fall Semester (as required by GGBTS):
1. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age
2. Have been a Christian for at least one year
3. Although not required, graduation from high school or a GED certificate will be helpful
Fall 2015 Semester Student Applications (on-line portion):
1. Application must be completed on-line at https://ggbts.edu/cld/english/admissionForm.aspx. The application form must be completed in one session (cannot save and return to the process). Use the attached hard copy application form to prepare for on-line completion.
2. At this point, the on-line application should be for the Diploma in Christian Ministries-CDL or for one of the following certificates: Church Planting Certificate -CLD, Bible Teaching Certificate-CLD, Small Church Leadership Certificate-CLD, Mission Studies Certificate-CLD, or Pastoral Ministry Certificate-CLD .
3. Application should be completed as soon as possible, but the official deadline is 14 days after class begins. (If not completed by this deadline, class credit cannot be received.)
4. If you are auditing class (no exams and no written assignments), complete the Contextualized Leadership Development Auditor Application (Form S) on line at http://www.ggbts.edu/docs/File/cld/english/CLDAuditorApplication.pdf.
Fall 2015 Semester Student Applications (hard copy):
1. The Ethical Conduct Standard (Form K) must also be completed and submitted on the same day that the on-line application is completed. Submit to Gerald Burch in person or mail c/o Mobile Baptist Association, 616 Azalea Road, Mobile 36609.
2. The Church Endorsement Form (Form J) must be completed by the church pastor on behalf of the church body. If there is no church pastor, or if the applicant is the pastor, then this letter may be filled out by a co-pastor, a deacon, or another church leader.
Fall 2015 Semester Fees:
1. The Application Fee of $30 will also be submitted at the time that the on-line application is completed. If there is not more than a year break in study, this is a one-time fee. This fee is not refundable. The check should be made out to the Mobile Baptist Association, LEAD-MBA.
2. The course fee of $105 per credit hour course ($315 per course) will be paid by the first class. The fee is not refundable. This check should be made out to the Mobile Baptist Association, LEAD-MBA.
1. Fall Semester Class Offerings with information summary
2. Progress Sheets (Diploma and Certificate) for the following:
a. Contextualized Leadership Development - Diploma in Christian Ministries Progress Sheet
b. Contextualized Leadership Development - Diploma in Church Planting Progress Sheet
c. Contextualized Leadership Development - Diploma in Theology Progress Sheet
d. Bible Teaching Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
e. Church Planting Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
f. Mission Studies Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
g. Pastoral Ministry Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
h. Small Church Leadership Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
3. Copy of the Baptist Faith and Message.
For any assistance with on-line registration or questions, please contact LEAD-MBA Director, Gerald Burch at the
Mobile Baptist Association Office
616 Azalea Road, Mobile, AL 36609
CALL TODAY FOR AN APPOINTMENT!
IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS BY THE 14th of AUGUST.
Transformational Discipleship July 29, 2014
how people really grow
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Transformational Discipleship research helps describe the process that brings to life that kind of person described in the Bible. This overview conference guides church leaders to begin a conversation with members to practice intentional efforts needed to foster a culture in which people’s lives are transformed by the power of the Word and of the Holy Spirit working through the church.
Based on book by Eric Geiger, Michael Kelley, and Philip Nation.
Retired state missionary Sonya Tucker will lead this conference.
Reaching Collegians through the Local Church July 31, 2014
Reaching Collegians through the Local Church
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Baptist Student Center (USA Campus)
Join with other collegiate leaders from our Mobile Baptist Association churches who want to reach college students, involve them in the life of the churches, and mobilize them for service and ministry. We will hear from collegiate ministry specialists, share ideas in a round table format, and explore research and strategies for ministering to collegians. Participants will leave with specialized resources for collegiate ministry in the local church and a wealth of real life strategies for investing in the lives of collegians.
Issues and topics that will be discussed:
- Becoming a church that welcomes collegians
- Growing and discipling collegians in their faith
- Creating collegiate friendly settings in your church
- Making meaningful connections with collegians
- The "secret" to college ministry
- Reaching collegians on campus in partnership with BCM
- Maintaining relationships with students transitioning from HS to college
- What are college students like?
This training event is FREE. A light dinner will be served. If you'd like to register your collegiate ministry leaders, please contact Jerrod Brown at email@example.com or 344-5904.
2015 Church Clerk/Secretaries Training Tuesday, August 11, 2015 This training is designed for Church Clerks and/or Church Secretaries/Ministry Assistants. This is the ONLY training on how to complete the 2015 Annual Church Profile/Report (ACP) on the Updated Electronic Baptist Convention web-site (or on paper). This training prepares Church Clerks in their ministry assignments to complete the Church’s Annual Report. This profile of your church is a very important task for your church statistics and leadership personnel to be properly documented for the Association, Alabama Baptist State Convention and the Southern Baptist Convention. If you have any questions and/or to pre-register, please visit mobilebaptists.org or contact the Mobile Baptist Association at 661-7111, or via email. The date for completion of the Church ACP is There are CHANGES In 2015!! The Website was NEW last year and quite different. So, it is imperative that the person entering the information be present at this training. Do Not Miss This Training!
Church Clerk/Secretaries Training
September 8, 2015.
2015 Church Clerk/Secretaries Training
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
This training is designed for Church Clerks and/or Church Secretaries/Ministry Assistants. This is the ONLY training on how to complete the 2015 Annual Church Profile/Report (ACP) on the Updated Electronic Baptist Convention web-site (or on paper). This training prepares Church Clerks in their ministry assignments to complete the Church’s Annual Report. This profile of your church is a very important task for your church statistics and leadership personnel to be properly documented for the Association, Alabama Baptist State Convention and the Southern Baptist Convention. If you have any questions and/or to pre-register, please visit mobilebaptists.org or contact the Mobile Baptist Association at 661-7111, or via email.
The date for completion of the Church ACP is
There are CHANGES In 2015!! The Website was NEW last year and quite different. So, it is imperative that the person entering the information be present at this training.
Do Not Miss This Training!
Check out the below linked article from Baptist Press on the importance of the Annual Church Profile (ACP)
ACP gives 'report card' on churches, SBC
Student Ministry and Music Ministry Positions Available
Shalom Baptist Church is in need of God's person to serve in our Student Ministry and God's person to serve in our Music Ministry. Each will be part-time positions.
Contact Bobby Morton at 251-751-7441.
Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church and Pine Springs Baptist Church are also looking for Music Ministers. FBC Dawes is looking for a Student pastor.
If you would like to be removed from the MBA e-mail list, please