Please include the news and opportunities presented here in your bulletins, church newsletters, or on your bulletin boards.
MBA NEWS ALERTS:
- ENLISTMENT COMMITTEE TIME
SPECIAL INVITATION TO HEAR INSIGHT STUDENT CHOIR JUNE 18, 2014
- 2ND ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL MINISTRIES BENEFIT GOLF TOURNAMENT JUNE 21, 2014
- REFUGEE FAMILIES IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE
EVANGELISTIC PARTY TRAILER TRAINING JUNE 24, 2014
- COMPENSATION PLANNING JUNE 24, 2014
- REVITALIZING A PLATEAUED CHURCH JUNE 26, 2014
BUILDING AND STRENGTHENING COMMITTEES AND MINISTRY TEAMS IN YOUR CHURCH JULY 22, 2014
- LEAD SCHOOL TO START THIS FALL
- FREE CHOIR MUSIC WITH ORCHESTRATION AVAILABLE
Enlistment Committee Time
All of the work of the MBA is done through the influence and input of our committees' members.Click on the following links for a list of committees and job descriptions and a form for your pastor to recommend you to serve. We need people in every area including Prayer, Evangelism, Students, Senior Adults, Annual Session, Finance, CWP and IMC. Please join us in setting the plans and processes for making an eternal difference in Mobile County. Please have your submissions in by July 21, 2015.
Enlistment Committee Time
All of the work of the MBA is done through the influence and input of our committees' members.Click on the following links for a list of committees and job descriptions and a form for your pastor to recommend you to serve. We need people in every area including Prayer, Evangelism, Students, Senior Adults, Annual Session, Finance, CWP and IMC. Please join us in setting the plans and processes for making an eternal difference in Mobile County. Please have your submissions in by July 21, 2015.Read More
Special Invitation to Hear Insight Student Choir June 18, 2014
"A SPECIAL INVITATION TO ALL"
Airport Boulevard Baptist Church, located at 6301 Airport Boulevard, will host "Insight" Student Choir from Lakeside Baptist Church in Canton, Texas on Wednesday Night, June 18 at 6:30 p.m. You are invited to hear this student choir of 30, 6-12th graders that are traveling throughout the week sharing the love of Christ from Pensacola, FL to New Orleans, LA. What a wonderful opportunity we have to come out and support this Student Choir that will be coming to our area. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Church Office at 342-3280.
2nd Annual International Ministries Benefit Golf Tournament June 21, 2014
Visit imc.mobilebaptists.org for more information and for sponsorship forms.
Refugee Families in Need of Assistance
Mobile is one of 20 Refugee Cities located across America. The Lord is bringing these families to Mobile so that we can share the love of Jesus in tangible ways. Would you consider helping with some of the needs below.
Director of International Ministries and Church Planting
(Through our partnership with Catholic Social Services (CSS) - they have asked for Baptists to help.)
CSS: We have three families arriving soon on short-notice that I’m in need of some assistance with, if anyone in your network is able. We’re in need of both material items as well as set up assistants.
A family of 8 is arriving Tuesday June 10. They are coming from a camp in Syria and are reuniting with two family members already here. We’re grateful to hear from them because contact was lost for quite some time and we were anxious for their safety. Thank God they’re coming!
A family of 4 is arriving shortly after, on Thursday, June 12. They’re coming from Iraq.
A family of 3 is arriving the following week, Wednesday, June 18, from Ethiopia.
If anyone is able to donate, we’re mostly in need of:
- Twin-size sheet sets
- Kitchen waste baskets
- Laundry detergent
- Dish Soap
- Cooking utensils (spoons, spatulas, etc.)
- Kitchen chairs
We can pick up donations if needed. Anyone interested can call Israel Butts at (251) 622-1897.
Evangelistic Party Trailer Training June 24, 2014
Evangelistic Party Trailer Training
Date: Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: West Mobile Baptist Church
7501 Airport Boulevard
Interested in learning how to use one of the MBA Evangelistic Party Trailers? The training involves learning how to conduct an evangelistic event. You will learn how to set up and reassemble the trailer. The training is FREE, fun, practical, and provides the training needed for use of the MBA trailers.
For more information, or to register for the training, visit ept.mobilebaptists.org; or contact the MBA office no later than Thursday, June 19.
Please note: every church wanting to use the trailers in 2014, must be re-certified through training if not done so since 2012.
Compensation Planning June 24, 2014
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Compensation Planning will assist ministers and churches to do the best possible to provide for the minister and his family; avoid additional taxes and avoid the confusion of the ways we normally utilize in the church. This meeting is for ministers, finance committees, personnel committees, search committees and treasurers.
State missionary Lee Wright will lead this conference.
Pre-register for this free conference at mobilebaptists.org, or by contacting the MBA office no later than Thursday, June 19.
Revitalizing a Plateaued Church June 26, 2014
Revitalizing a Plateaued Church
Thursday, June 26, 2014
This conference deals with the methods for moving a church that's ministry and life has become routine to an upwardly productive and effective ministry. This conference is for pastors, church staff, deacons, and all church leaders.
State missionary Chip Smith will lead this conference.
Building and Strengthening Committees and Ministry Teams in Your Church July 22, 2014
Building and Strengthening Committees and
Ministry Teams in Your Church
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
This conference will help church leaders in forming and maintaining productive and effective committees as well as ministry teams within the church.
State missionary, Chip Smith will lead this conference.
Please pre-register at mobilebaptists.org, or by contacting the MBA office no later than Thursday, July 17.
Please note: this conference is subject to cancellation if not enough participants pre-register.
LEAD School to Start this Fall
Leadership Equipping And Development
2 Classes offered this Fall 2015 Semester:
CLL1113 Baptist Heritage and Practice – Our history and doctrine as Southern Baptists (3 credit hours)
Course Description: This course emphasizes the history and state of Southern Baptist (SBC) life relative to our cultural context. It also deals with how Baptist doctrine and polity expresses itself in our churches and related agencies.
Instructor: Dr. James Mercer, Doctor of Ministry from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary; Pastor of Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church
Location: Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church, 2450 Island Road, Mobile, AL, 251-443-5450 --- Class begins on Tuesday, August 18, 2015, at 6 p.m.
CLI1351 Missions, Evangelism, & Church Planting (3 credit hours)
Course Description: This course covers an understanding of the church as sent by Christ into a lost world and as the church sending itself and its members out into the world locally and globally. It entails a brief history of missions, NAMB and IMB, and current missiology. Central to the course is how to lead others to Christ and to teach others to do likewise. Various types of evangelism and their effectiveness in different contexts will be discussed, and personal and group plans for evangelism will be developed. It covers the basics of various methods on when and how to start new churches.
Instructor: Dr. Elbert Charpie, Doctor of Ministry from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary; Pastor of First Baptist Church of Citronelle
Location: Mobile Baptist Association Office, 616 Azalea Road, Mobile, AL, 251-661-7111 --- Class begins on Thursday, August 20, 2015, at 6 p.m.
Thank you for your interest in Mobile Baptist Association’s Leadership Equipping And Development - (LEAD-MBA) post High School Diplomas, Certificate Programs, and Course Offerings. Our courses are being coordinated as a part of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary’s Contextualized Leadership Development Program (GGBTS, CLD). This program is designed to provide seminary training for deacons, elders, SS teachers, church staff, and qualified church members who are interested in honing their skills in biblical studies and church ministries.
LEAD-MBA Student Requirements for the Fall Semester (as required by GGBTS):
1. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age
2. Have been a Christian for at least one year
3. Although not required, graduation from high school or a GED certificate will be helpful
Fall 2015 Semester Student Applications (on-line portion):
1. Application must be completed on-line at https://ggbts.edu/cld/english/admissionForm.aspx. The application form must be completed in one session (cannot save and return to the process). Use the attached hard copy application form to prepare for on-line completion.
2. At this point, the on-line application should be for the Diploma in Christian Ministries-CDL or for one of the following certificates: Church Planting Certificate -CLD, Bible Teaching Certificate-CLD, Small Church Leadership Certificate-CLD, Mission Studies Certificate-CLD, or Pastoral Ministry Certificate-CLD .
3. Application should be completed as soon as possible, but the official deadline is 14 days after class begins. (If not completed by this deadline, class credit cannot be received.)
4. If you are auditing class (no exams and no written assignments), complete the Contextualized Leadership Development Auditor Application (Form S) on line at http://www.ggbts.edu/docs/File/cld/english/CLDAuditorApplication.pdf.
Fall 2015 Semester Student Applications (hard copy):
1. The Ethical Conduct Standard (Form K) must also be completed and submitted on the same day that the on-line application is completed. Submit to Gerald Burch in person or mail c/o Mobile Baptist Association, 616 Azalea Road, Mobile 36609.
2. The Church Endorsement Form (Form J) must be completed by the church pastor on behalf of the church body. If there is no church pastor, or if the applicant is the pastor, then this letter may be filled out by a co-pastor, a deacon, or another church leader.
Fall 2015 Semester Fees:
1. The Application Fee of $30 will also be submitted at the time that the on-line application is completed. If there is not more than a year break in study, this is a one-time fee. This fee is not refundable. The check should be made out to the Mobile Baptist Association, LEAD-MBA.
2. The course fee of $105 per credit hour course ($315 per course) will be paid by the first class. The fee is not refundable. This check should be made out to the Mobile Baptist Association, LEAD-MBA.
1. Fall Semester Class Offerings with information summary
2. Progress Sheets (Diploma and Certificate) for the following:
a. Contextualized Leadership Development - Diploma in Christian Ministries Progress Sheet
b. Contextualized Leadership Development - Diploma in Church Planting Progress Sheet
c. Contextualized Leadership Development - Diploma in Theology Progress Sheet
d. Bible Teaching Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
e. Church Planting Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
f. Mission Studies Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
g. Pastoral Ministry Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
h. Small Church Leadership Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
3. Copy of the Baptist Faith and Message.
For any assistance with on-line registration or questions, please contact LEAD-MBA Director, Gerald Burch at the
Mobile Baptist Association Office
616 Azalea Road, Mobile, AL. 36609
CALL TODAY FOR AN APPOINTMENT!
IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS BY THE 14th of AUGUST.
Free Choir Music with Orchestration Available
Cottage Hill Baptist Church has several hundred older octavos along with orchestrations (if still available) that are in need of a new home. Also some of the collections they have include “I AM”, “Thou Shall Call His Name…Jesus”, “Alleluia”, “His Glorious Praise”, “Noel, Jesus is Born”, “Unto Us a Child is Born”, “His Love….Reaching”, “Come Celebrate Jesus”..
This is a small portion of the collections along with orchestrations (if available) that they would like to send to a new home.
If interested, please contact the Cottage Hill Baptist Church Worship Ministry at 251-660-2444.
If you would like to be removed from the MBA e-mail list, please