Leadership Equipping And Development
2 Classes offered this Fall 2015 Semester:
CLL1113 Baptist Heritage and Practice – Our history and doctrine as Southern Baptists (3 credit hours)
Course Description: This course emphasizes the history and state of Southern Baptist (SBC) life relative to our cultural context. It also deals with how Baptist doctrine and polity expresses itself in our churches and related agencies.
Instructor: Dr. James Mercer, Doctor of Ministry from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary; Pastor of Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church
Location: Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church, 2450 Island Road, Mobile, AL, 251-443-5450 --- Class begins on Tuesday, August 18, 2015, at 6 p.m.
CLI1351 Missions, Evangelism, & Church Planting (3 credit hours)
Course Description: This course covers an understanding of the church as sent by Christ into a lost world and as the church sending itself and its members out into the world locally and globally. It entails a brief history of missions, NAMB and IMB, and current missiology. Central to the course is how to lead others to Christ and to teach others to do likewise. Various types of evangelism and their effectiveness in different contexts will be discussed, and personal and group plans for evangelism will be developed. It covers the basics of various methods on when and how to start new churches.
Instructor: Dr. Elbert Charpie, Doctor of Ministry from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary; Pastor of First Baptist Church of Citronelle
Location: Mobile Baptist Association Office, 616 Azalea Road, Mobile, AL, 251-661-7111 --- Class begins on Thursday, August 20, 2015, at 6 p.m.
Thank you for your interest in Mobile Baptist Association’s Leadership Equipping And Development - (LEAD-MBA) post High School Diplomas, Certificate Programs, and Course Offerings. Our courses are being coordinated as a part of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary’s Contextualized Leadership Development Program (GGBTS, CLD). This program is designed to provide seminary training for deacons, elders, SS teachers, church staff, and qualified church members who are interested in honing their skills in biblical studies and church ministries.
LEAD-MBA Student Requirements for the Fall Semester (as required by GGBTS):
1. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age
2. Have been a Christian for at least one year
3. Although not required, graduation from high school or a GED certificate will be helpful
Fall 2015 Semester Student Applications (on-line portion):
1. Application must be completed on-line at https://ggbts.edu/cld/english/admissionForm.aspx. The application form must be completed in one session (cannot save and return to the process). Use the attached hard copy application form to prepare for on-line completion.
2. At this point, the on-line application should be for the Diploma in Christian Ministries-CDL or for one of the following certificates: Church Planting Certificate -CLD, Bible Teaching Certificate-CLD, Small Church Leadership Certificate-CLD, Mission Studies Certificate-CLD, or Pastoral Ministry Certificate-CLD .
3. Application should be completed as soon as possible, but the official deadline is 14 days after class begins. (If not completed by this deadline, class credit cannot be received.)
4. If you are auditing class (no exams and no written assignments), complete the Contextualized Leadership Development Auditor Application (Form S) on line at http://www.ggbts.edu/docs/File/cld/english/CLDAuditorApplication.pdf.
Fall 2015 Semester Student Applications (hard copy):
1. The Ethical Conduct Standard (Form K) must also be completed and submitted on the same day that the on-line application is completed. Submit to Gerald Burch in person or mail c/o Mobile Baptist Association, 616 Azalea Road, Mobile 36609.
2. The Church Endorsement Form (Form J) must be completed by the church pastor on behalf of the church body. If there is no church pastor, or if the applicant is the pastor, then this letter may be filled out by a co-pastor, a deacon, or another church leader.
Fall 2015 Semester Fees:
1. The Application Fee of $30 will also be submitted at the time that the on-line application is completed. If there is not more than a year break in study, this is a one-time fee. This fee is not refundable. The check should be made out to the Mobile Baptist Association, LEAD-MBA.
2. The course fee of $105 per credit hour course ($315 per course) will be paid by the first class. The fee is not refundable. This check should be made out to the Mobile Baptist Association, LEAD-MBA.
1. Fall Semester Class Offerings with information summary
2. Progress Sheets (Diploma and Certificate) for the following:
a. Contextualized Leadership Development - Diploma in Christian Ministries Progress Sheet
b. Contextualized Leadership Development - Diploma in Church Planting Progress Sheet
c. Contextualized Leadership Development - Diploma in Theology Progress Sheet
d. Bible Teaching Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
e. Church Planting Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
f. Mission Studies Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
g. Pastoral Ministry Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
h. Small Church Leadership Certificate-CLD Contextualized Leadership Development Progress Sheet
3. Copy of the Baptist Faith and Message.
For any assistance with on-line registration or questions, please contact LEAD-MBA Director, Gerald Burch at the
Mobile Baptist Association Office
CALL TODAY FOR AN APPOINTMENT!
IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS BY THE 14th of AUGUST.
This is a post high school level of Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary (Contextualized Leadership Development – CLD) program with 4 different certificates, or 3 different diplomas. These certificate/diploma programs are designed to provide seminary training for deacons, elders, SS teachers, church staff, and qualified church members who are interested in honing their skills in biblical studies and church ministries.
For additional information and assistance with registration please contact
Costs: $30 Registration Fee plus $95 per credit hour ($285) payable upon registration.
Classes may be taken for Diploma/Certificate Credit (not graduate level), or may be Audited (no tests or written assignments).
There are 3 different diplomas offered:
Diploma in Christian Ministries (24 credit hours of required studies)
Diploma in Church Planting (52 credit hours of required studies)
Diploma in Theology (52 credit hours of required studies)
There are 4 different certificates offered (each of these certificates requires 12 credit hours of studies):
Bible Teaching Certificate
Mission Studies Certificate
Pastoral Ministry Certificate
Small Church Leadership Certificate
There will be a $35 initial registration fee plus a charge of $95 per course hour. Additionally, the student will be expected to purchase his/her own required text book(s). Classes may be taken for certificate/diploma credit or may be audited (no tests or written reports).
Student applicants must have been a Christian for one year (the applicant will be required to submit a personal testimony of salvation), have his/her church endorsement (church of membership), sign an Ethical Code of Conduct form, and be at least age 21.