International Ministries need several Volunteer Port Chaplains who can drive to and from the ships. The chaplains need to lead Bible Studies on the ships at various times. Volunteers must pass a background check for TWIC access to the ships. Please contact Gerald Burch for more information, via email or 251-661-7111.
Church members and pastors often receive requests from parachurch ministries asking for financial and volunteer help. Churches and individuals must practice diligent stewardship for any group they support.
Churches need to confirm the requester’s biblical theology, church polity, financial integrity and personal accountability.
Often, it is a disadvantage to choose parachurch ministries instead of denominational ministries. Parachurch ministries rely on churches but are NOT accountable to those churches who support them. Avoid parachurch ministries led by entrepreneurs who reject external guidelines from a church, denomination or their board. They often provide ministries that are less efficient and effective than ministries done cooperatively by denominations and churches.
Here are seven essential guidelines before supporting a parachurch ministry or individual:
Click on the link below for some helpful resource for Sexual Abuse Prevention:
The recent documentation of extensive sexual abuse in Southern Baptist churches is shocking. For more than 20 years, the Mobile Baptist Association (MBA) has encouraged churches to perform a background check on every ministerial candidate and every worker. Consultation also advises never to have just one worker in children’s classrooms or just two from the same family.
Our MBA office makes it easier for churches by providing background checks for our churches at a nominal fee for the check. A form from the MBA would need to be submitted for the background check to be done. Lifeway also has a streamlined background check process. Visit https://www.lifeway.com/en/services/church-administration/background-checks?intcmp=SRDR-background-checks. One recent background check discovered a candidate on the Sex Offender Registry in Florida. He was immediately disqualified. The sin was forgiven, but the legal consequences remain. Another consideration for small churches is some information about juveniles under age 19 may be sealed. So past offenses may not be reported. A form for anyone under 19 would have to have parental permission and signature.
Church leaders need to recognize the scope of the problem and take immediate steps to protect every person in the ministries of the church. This upcoming training is particularly advisable: Protecting the Children, February 26, 6:30 p.m. at the MBA office. Click here to for more information and to register.
Visit the following link to additional resources and recommendations: https://alsbom.org/safe/.
Dr. Ronnie Floyd, CEO and President of the SBC Executive Committee, has written a resource that will assist churches in advancing biblical stewardship. Ten Percent: A Call to Biblical Stewardship is a bible-based, theologically sound stewardship emphasis which is designed to include two resources every church can use regardless of size or location:
* A six-week sermon series
* A six-week curriculum for Sunday school or small groups
While the pastor preaches in the worship service that “God Is the Owner of Everything,” each of your small groups, Bible study classes and Sunday school classes teach the same. Your team of laypersons or staff can easily transfer these principles so they can be simultaneously taught to all of your students, children, and preschoolers. If you do not teach them, no one will. Everyone, at all stages of life, needs to be called to biblical stewardship.
Six Biblical Principles:
The six principles are proven. They are biblical, strategic and practical.
1. God Is the Owner of Everything
2. We Own Absolutely Nothing
3. Honor God with at Least the First Ten Percent
4. Bring the Full Ten Percent to the Church
5. Practice Over and Above Giving
6. Focus on the Great Commission Always
These six principles are steps to give your church members a biblical way to look at their entire lives, including the finances that God alone has entrusted to them. Each church can and should do the same.
A digital church kit is now available for FREE.
To enable congregations and pastors to better utilize this resource in the local church, we have created a digital church kit. This kit includes:
* A pdf copy of the book which you can distribute to all in your church
* Promotional graphics for use in your church
* Bulletin inserts for use in your church
* PowerPoint slides for your sermon series
* Social media graphics to use
There is no cost to you or your church for this resource. Everything is downloadable at: SBC.net/stewardship.
Check out this 1 minute video about the event!
Executive Committee Meeting
Monday, July 11, 2022
Government Street Baptist Church
A meal will be available for $5 p/person.
Every MBA church member is welcome. Every senior pastor is a member of the Executive Committee. Join us to help communicate why churches support Associational Missions
- Future Focus Committee update on the sale of the International Ministries Center building
- Report on the survival struggles at Camp Whispering Pines
- Reports from the ministry areas
***Our Executive Committee has overall responsibility for the directions, strategy, and processes of the MBA. It is composed of the general officers of the Association, the Executive Officer of each of the several Associational programs, the Chair of each standing committee, the pastors of the churches, and one lay member of each church in the Association having a membership of up to and including 1,000, and one additional member for each additional 1,000 members or fraction thereof, providing that no church shall have more than a total of four members.
The contact is: Bob Waldrop
Cell Number: 251-689-8448
Church is located @ 335 Eliza Jordan Road In West Mobile
Ministry Assistant Position
Semmes First Baptist Church
4070 Wulff RD E, Semmes, AL 36575
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 3 p.m. (24 hours per week)
Semmes First Baptist Church is now hiring a Part-Time Ministry Assistant.
- Christian, active member of a church other than Semmes First Baptist Church
- Able to work Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Organized, diligent, patient, flexible, self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Dependable, trustworthy, discreet
- Commitment to confidentiality of all church records, including communication with clergy/church members
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Efficient use of computers and Windows
- Efficient use of and experience with Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, Power Point, Adobe
- Efficient use of and experience with Internet Explorer, Google and social media platforms
- Experience with ACS software is a plus
Contact Bridget Lovejoy at 251-649-2319 for more information, or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.