International Ministries need several Volunteer Port Chaplains who can drive to and from the ships. The chaplains need to lead Bible Studies on the ships at various times. Volunteers must pass a background check for TWIC access to the ships. Please contact Gerald Burch for more information, via email or 251-661-7111.
Church members and pastors often receive requests from parachurch ministries asking for financial and volunteer help. Churches and individuals must practice diligent stewardship for any group they support.
Churches need to confirm the requester’s biblical theology, church polity, financial integrity and personal accountability.
Often, it is a disadvantage to choose parachurch ministries instead of denominational ministries. Parachurch ministries rely on churches but are NOT accountable to those churches who support them. Avoid parachurch ministries led by entrepreneurs who reject external guidelines from a church, denomination or their board. They often provide ministries that are less efficient and effective than ministries done cooperatively by denominations and churches.
Here are seven essential guidelines before supporting a parachurch ministry or individual:
Click on the link below for some helpful resource for Sexual Abuse Prevention:
The recent documentation of extensive sexual abuse in Southern Baptist churches is shocking. For more than 20 years, the Mobile Baptist Association (MBA) has encouraged churches to perform a background check on every ministerial candidate and every worker. Consultation also advises never to have just one worker in children’s classrooms or just two from the same family.
Our MBA office makes it easier for churches by providing background checks for our churches at a nominal fee for the check. A form from the MBA would need to be submitted for the background check to be done. Lifeway also has a streamlined background check process. Visit https://www.lifeway.com/en/services/church-administration/background-checks?intcmp=SRDR-background-checks. One recent background check discovered a candidate on the Sex Offender Registry in Florida. He was immediately disqualified. The sin was forgiven, but the legal consequences remain. Another consideration for small churches is some information about juveniles under age 19 may be sealed. So past offenses may not be reported. A form for anyone under 19 would have to have parental permission and signature.
Church leaders need to recognize the scope of the problem and take immediate steps to protect every person in the ministries of the church. This upcoming training is particularly advisable: Protecting the Children, February 26, 6:30 p.m. at the MBA office. Click here to for more information and to register.
Visit the following link to additional resources and recommendations: https://alsbom.org/safe/.
Dr. Ronnie Floyd, CEO and President of the SBC Executive Committee, has written a resource that will assist churches in advancing biblical stewardship. Ten Percent: A Call to Biblical Stewardship is a bible-based, theologically sound stewardship emphasis which is designed to include two resources every church can use regardless of size or location:
* A six-week sermon series
* A six-week curriculum for Sunday school or small groups
While the pastor preaches in the worship service that “God Is the Owner of Everything,” each of your small groups, Bible study classes and Sunday school classes teach the same. Your team of laypersons or staff can easily transfer these principles so they can be simultaneously taught to all of your students, children, and preschoolers. If you do not teach them, no one will. Everyone, at all stages of life, needs to be called to biblical stewardship.
Six Biblical Principles:
The six principles are proven. They are biblical, strategic and practical.
1. God Is the Owner of Everything
2. We Own Absolutely Nothing
3. Honor God with at Least the First Ten Percent
4. Bring the Full Ten Percent to the Church
5. Practice Over and Above Giving
6. Focus on the Great Commission Always
These six principles are steps to give your church members a biblical way to look at their entire lives, including the finances that God alone has entrusted to them. Each church can and should do the same.
A digital church kit is now available for FREE.
To enable congregations and pastors to better utilize this resource in the local church, we have created a digital church kit. This kit includes:
* A pdf copy of the book which you can distribute to all in your church
* Promotional graphics for use in your church
* Bulletin inserts for use in your church
* PowerPoint slides for your sermon series
* Social media graphics to use
There is no cost to you or your church for this resource. Everything is downloadable at: SBC.net/stewardship.
Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church is in need of a full-time Pastor. Interested parties please send resume to:
HIBC Pastor Search Committee
2450 Island Road
Mobile, AL 36605
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Language School (ILS) is in need of teachers for the new school year beginning in August. Teachers are needed for Tuesday morning and Wednesday evening classes. The ILS provides English as a Second Language (ESL) classes for internationals living in Mobile County. For more information, visit ils.mobilebaptists.org or facebook.com/MBAILSESL. If you are interested in volunteering as a teacher, contact Kim Wilson at 251-533-2911.
Shadow Lawn Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a part-time/bi-vocational Student Minister.
Resumes, or inquiries may be sent by email to email@example.com
Shadow Lawn Baptist Church is located at 5665 Dogwood Trail, Eight Mile, AL 36613.
For more information, please call Pastor, Derrall Marshall at 251-689-7222.
Cottage Hill Baptist Church is looking for a facilities director. Position includes inspecting, maintaining, and overseeing grounds, buildings, and equipment, negotiating contracts, oversight of maintenance and housekeeping staff, and coordinating volunteers. Basic knowledge of facilities management and good people skills a must. Competitive salary and benefits. Contact David Tippens @ 660-2422, Davidt@cottagehill.org.
Ministry Assistant Position
Monday-Thursday 8am-2pm (24 hours per week)
Semmes First Baptist Church is now hiring a Part-Time Ministry Assistant.
- Christian, active member of a church other than Semmes First Baptist Church
- Able to work Monday-Thursday 8am-2pm
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Organized, diligent, patient, flexible, self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Dependable, trustworthy, discreet
- Commitment to confidentiality of all church records, including communication with clergy/church members
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Efficient use of computers and Windows
- Efficient use of and experience with Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, Power Point, Adobe
- Efficient use of and experience with Internet Explorer, Google and social media platforms
- Experience with ACS software is a plus
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 251-648-2319 for more information.
Don’t miss the 59th annual conference of the Alabama Association of Baptist Secretaries (AABS). Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 conference was postponed until 2022. This 3 night and 3 day conference is packed full of classes to help you on the job as well as classes to lift your spirits. There is great fellowship with like minded people from across Alabama. Visit alabamabaptistsecretaries.com or facebook.com/1AABS for all the details.
- Bible Drill – org/ministries/bible-drill
- Student Ministry Tips Webinar – 9/2 – pinnaclealabama.org/event/tips-for-teaching-reaching-and-ministry-for-student-leaders/
- Pastors (What you always wanted to ask Guidestone) Webinar – 9/22 pinnaclealabama.org/event/qa-what-you-always-wanted-to-ask-guidestone
- Personnel Management Webinar – 9/30alsbom.org/event/personnel-management-2
- Pastor (Ministry Safe: Sexual Abuse Risk) Webinar 10/5pinnaclealabama.org/event/ministry-safe-sexual-abuse-risk-changes-in-landscape
- WMU – Fall Missions Festival for Children (WorldSong)
- Evangelism – Sharing the Fire: A Conference on Revival & Spiritual Awakening –10/14 – Redemption Church, Saraland alsbom.org/event/sharing-the-fire-a-conference-on-revival-spiritual-awakening
- Faith Focused Security Training B+ Level – 10/21 – 10/23 alsbom.org/event/faith-focused-security-training-blevel
pinnaclealabama.org – EQUIPPING CHURCH LEADERS
Your one-stop source for virtual training in Alabama Baptist life.
The state and the association would like for Mobile County (and all Alabama) churches to be represented in the Lifeway National VBS report! This report is not just for churches using Lifeway curriculum – it’s for all churches, whatever their material choice.
Here is a link where your church can find the 2021 church report:
(This link can also be found on the vbs.lifeway.com website. Once on the website go to VBS Programs, drop down: Destination Dig, then click on Overview – here you’ll find the button to click for “church report.”
Reminder: the report this year is online only, and it is sent to Lifeway, not the State Board of Missions.
A hard copy for your church to fill out and send to the Mobile Baptist Association is linked here. Please email or mail to 616 Azalea Road, Mobile, Alabama, 36609.