|Check out the Annual Missions Celebration promotional videos on the new MBA youtube channel|
|Cooperative Missions Giving PowerPoint
Click here for a PowerPoint presentation to help explain missions giving through the Cooperative Program and the MBA. Please consider presenting this to your Finance Committee, Wednesday night group, small groups or Sunday School classes. Any of the MBA staff would be happy to make the presentation for you.
|Shop at AmazonSmile and Support the MBA
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Mobile Baptist Assoc. Bookmark the link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/63-0302147 and support us every time you shop.
Cooperative missions is an important Southern Baptist distinctive that is often not understood in our pews. Please invite one of the MBA staff to set up a display in your church, or to speak anytime during the year.
The Impact Mobile offering provides an opportunity for churches that may not have financially supported cooperative missions in their Jerusalem as much as they would have liked. It also assists those churches who use regular special offerings as their primary means to raise missions support. We are grateful for the churches that provide a portion of their missions tithe through the budget, and understand those churches may choose not to promote this offering. This is an “above the tithe” missions offering to assist the ministries and emphases of the MBA to make an eternal difference in Mobile County. Your sacrificial missions tithes allow us to provide MBA sponsored trainings and consultations to dozens of pastors, staff and members about every aspect of growing, maintaining and managing a church. Please consider participating in the “Impact Mobile Associational Missions Offering.”
Visit mobilebaptists.org/mba-impact-offering-materials for more information and to download promotional materials.
Explore our new website with new features to help better serve you.
- Sign up for our weekly news alerts and/or our quarterly newsletter »»»»
- Sign up for various training events and conferences by clicking on the Training Opportunities under the Training tab
- «««« View the MBA Upcoming Events to see the MBA calendar with the latest event details
- Check out the new church search features under the Churches tab
SBC Disaster Recovery Managers ask not to load and send trailers full of items. It is expensive and labor intensive to load, transport, unload, STORE, and distribute, Give generously through ncbaptist.org, scbaptist.org, SBDR.org/hurricanerelief or through the MBA. The MBA is collecting gift cards and funds to deliver to SBC command centers on the front lines. Please remember faith-based organizations are better equipped to meet spiritual needs and provide emotional comfort than secular response teams.
The BEST response is to provide:
- Funds to the state convention or association on the front lines of the disaster. MBA DR can take your donation at the MBA and will send it to the highest need area.
- Gift cards are easy to collect, transport and distribute, a gift card allows the person to get the specific food, clothing, cleaning or repair supplies they need. Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart will be open as soon as generators and facilities are deemed safe. Fast food options will be welcome if they have been eating from feeding units.
- If you have contact with a specific church, with a specific needs list, then load up a box truck and take it to that specific location. Remember the needs change every 3-5 days, so collection and transportation often means arriving with obsolete requests. Remember roads may be closed and crowded for an extended time. Everything you take will need to be unloaded, stored and distributed, taking volunteers from other essential tasks.
- Remember trained volunteers with credentials will have access prior to untrained volunteers.
- Secular response options are not equipped to meet spiritual needs among hurting people.
Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief: General Fund
Those wishing to help with hurricane relief efforts are urged to give through Alabama Baptist DR at sbdr.org/donate, where every dollar given is used toward Disaster Relief efforts.
Mail checks payable to:
Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions
P.O. Box 681970
Prattville, Alabama 36068-1970
Please note “Alabama Disaster Relief” on the check.
To designate your donation toward a specific event, please indicate that with the donation. Together, we will make a Kingdom difference in the lives of thousands of hurting people.
Florida Baptist Convention
Give online at flbaptist.org/give — 100% of the proceeds go to Disaster Relief.
Mail donation checks to:
Florida Baptist Convention
6850 Belfort Oaks Pl, Jacksonville, FL 32216
(Note in the memo: “Disaster Relief”)
The MBA can accept donations and gift cards to be delivered to the points of greatest need. The MBA is are coordinating teams from MBA churches that wish to serve. Contact volunteer DR coordinator, Carolyn Battle, with availability and interest.